shadye90
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Fanatic

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ward
you have lowered your car,
I have lowered a similar car AND upgraded swaybars. you have zero experience with upgrading swaybars and have no basis of comparison as to what a set of sways will do compared to a set of springs.

if you next add a set of swaybars to your car then I'm sure you'll agree with me that they make a larger difference in body roll reduction than the springs (I never said springs don't/won't help body roll, I said they help LESS than sways. If I was modding my car I would personally do the sways first if I only had the budget to do it a bit at a time)

I really don't understand how my experience with lowering springs AND swaybars is somehow less valid than your experience with lowering springs only

I hope Shady finds our comments usefull
Thanks guys for all your comments and opinions..The way I looked at it was this..The sport package already lowered the car 10mm...I've examined the front and rear sway bars and they seem kinda small..especially the rear..In the past I've done a lot of suspension tuning on Japanese cars and have always found sway bars to make a big difference in handling..I'll most likely order the Eibachs this week and as soon as I get em I'll do a write up/DIY..Again thanks for all your help...

1988 E30 M3
Diamantschwartz/Black
Appreciate 0