View Single Post
      02-05-2006, 09:24 PM   #7
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel007
You are comparing an e30 to an e90 they are two completely different cars. . If you read my post I said that the e90 already comes very solid from the factory, therefore changing the sway bars is really not going to a whole lot.

What experience do you have with tuning suspension on an e90 to say I am wrong?

the E90 is decent, but even with sport pack it has a lot of body roll

I see that you think the E90 is very solid, more solid than a stock E30 but much less solid than many other cars on the road. Go drive a Z4 or Boxster and then tell me you still think the E90 is "solid"

you also (maybe I misunderstood) stated that changing springs would reduce body roll more than changing swaybars. That's just a clear misunderstanding of what suspension components do what....

the swaybars (also known as anti roll bars) are there to reduce body roll, lowering the car with stiffer springs will reduce body roll but not as much as improving the part of the car that's designed to reduce body roll

suspension tuning is pretty similar for all cars, knowledge from an E30 is VERY valid when talking about an E90.

The frogman is also correct that very stiff sways can unsettle the car in large mid corner bumps, the car will be better on smooth pavement but will give up a little bit if the road gets really bumpy in the corners. There is ZERO drawback to swaybars when you're traveling in a straight line (unlike lowering springs)

if you want to corner better, the sways will GREATLY aid in transitions from left to right (slalom type maneuvers)
Appreciate 0