12-14-2008, 09:46 PM   #13
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82tt6 View Post
I was hoping for a sports car instead of a luxury car.

The guy in the 3er calling the 1er a hairdresser car!

I must say, I'm just generally unhappy that BMWs keep getting bigger and heavier with more superfluous features, and less sporting intent. Leave that to Mercedes. I'd be happier if BMW took the 350Z-370Z route, and made a smaller, lighter, higher performance car, instead of making a bigger, pretty, more luxurious car and shoe-horning a bigger engine into it.

Perhaps wishful thinking on my part, but I want to see BMW stay focused on what the brand has always been about. World class luxury, class leading size, weight, and sex appeal were not old BMW. We saw distinctive yet handsome styling, and class leading performance, and an absolutely unbeatable blend of fun-to-drive and usability. IMO, we've been seeing some fun-to-drive sacrificed for luxury, size, and flash.

There's a reason that over the past few years you've been seeing Audi's S and RS products doing VERY well in comparison tests against BMW and Mercedes, despite being slower. They are trying to fill the niche BMW once occupied, and they will do so without opposition if BMW keeps making each succesive generation of cars 15% larger, 20% heavier, and 30% more powerful. This is not a winning formula for fun-to-drive, this is a winning formula for building an American Muscle Car.

stupidity of this magnitude should result in one thing...
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0