View Single Post
      07-02-2008, 11:13 PM   #9
ajmbmwweb
Rep
Drives: e46 m3

the real reason why m3 wins magazine tests is context. in the context the m3 is driven in during the average magazine test, that is, race tracks and perfect mountain roads, or some Spanish resort as is the case in the top gear vid, the m3 shines.
the m3 is a great balanced car to drive, and it is more fun to drive in ideal conditions. but the c63 is better looking outside (subjective), better inside (less subjective), has better seats, much nicer sounding exhaust, and just generally has a greater sense of "occasion". and, talking about which car is faster on the track is only so important. on the road, and i suspect this will remain true even with the dct transmission, the c63 is the faster car. forget drag racing and other pointless stuff, the c63 is just brutally quick in everyday situations. and, in some markets (canada), its a lot cheaper.
i have driven both the c63 and the m3 manual. i will be driving the m3 dct next week, and the c63 with performance package when it arrives at the dealership, and will make a final decision on what to buy after that point. i really like bmw products, especially the m3, and i especially dislike mercedes, as i find their products to be boring and overpriced.
in this case, however, the merc has a lot to offer. dont underestimate it.
Appreciate 0