View Single Post
      01-15-2014, 12:22 PM   #1
Dan-danGT
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M-Sport

BMW warranty

Hi, just want some opinions on some things to do with warranty?

I have a 08 330d auto, its just gone over 90k i have owned it for a year so far and its been trouble free motoring apart from a flat battery twice! one in which i call bmw assist to jump start the car. Any way i have done a oil change, remove swirl flaps, changed the air filter to a pipercross, removed the DPF and also changed the auto gearbox oil + filter myself. Oh and my local dealer is aware of the remap on the car and said provided it does not cause the failure warranty is unaffected!

Question is do i pay for the extended warranty? if you would go ahead with the warranty which level of cover would you get. It all seams expensive really if you never use it? i can do all mechanical and most electrical work myself as i am a qualified technician so i dont mind working on my own cars? The only thing i have to pay for is the parts?
I had a golf mk4 before this bmw i bought that with 116k and its now on 150k and its still been reliable.

I dont think the 330d engine is unreliable in comparison to the 335i. so im half tempted to not continue it? and just risk any parts myself?