View Single Post
      07-24-2014, 12:50 PM   #20
Pablo68
Left the building
Wales
Rep
Drives: Not a diesel.

Ok so a few days of being back in my 335i and do I miss the M3?

A few post M3 observations:

As good as the ZF8 is the DCT is in totally another league. Now mine just feels snatchy and rough in sport mode.

I have really come to realise how bloody obnoxiously intrusive and quickly annoying the Active Sound in the M3 is when giving it beans compared to the subtly pleasing noises of the 35i...especially on a commute.

The 335i definitely still feels a bit wallowly on the edge when cornering but not too bad and definitely too light and vague through the steering. I would still very much prefer both the M3's suspension and steering.

Sat in traffic, or even giving it some wellie within legal bounds my car feels just as rewarding and pleasing.

Driving through town no more nor less people looked at or were in the least bit interested in my car than the M3.

So overall I do not miss the M3 at all so far. No if I were to turn up for a track day I am sure I would, but nearly a weeks worth of normal driving? Nope. Very soon I am going to have a day with an XK-R and see how that makes me feel.

Edited to say:

Whilst MPG does not normally bother me in the slightest. It is nice getting 30+ mpg rather an 20+mpg when not going balls to the wall.

Last edited by Pablo68; 07-24-2014 at 01:00 PM..
Appreciate 0