View Single Post
      08-26-2019, 02:55 PM   #5
Teal
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL18 View Post
No experience with it in my 335d, but I have had vibration in vehicles before that turned out to be things like u-joint binding or cv binding. But that seems to be the most common vibration issue with these e90s. You check cv joints for binding? Can't imagine it's the driveshaft at your mileage and really hope it's not the differential.

Does the vibration feel like it's coming from the front? Or the rear? Does it seem to be a balanced vibration or does it feel unbalanced (as in a vibration you feel more on one side of the car vs a vibration in the middle of the car)? Maybe engine mounts or tran mounts if you feel it out front.
I can check the CVs but not sure engine load would affect them that much. But I'm used to FWD CV things.

Vibration is definately central. Can't tell if front or rear tho. I remember my first impression to think mid/rear... But once I remembered about the harmonic balancer issues with these - my paranoia is aimed more towards the front lol. Might have to sneak under there this weekend and inspect both.
Appreciate 0