View Single Post
      01-22-2014, 06:35 PM   #11
Desmond Is My Constant
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3, 997, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer20 View Post
My local dealer has agreed to honor ED pricing on an M3 Sedan. As of right now, I'd be the first person to leave a deposit for one, which I was planning to do on Thursday, until I was told that they'd need a $2500 deposit that was NON refundable.

I haven't ordered a new car in a few years, but I've never had to leave more than $1000, and it has always been refundable. Is this normal?

This dealer is owned by a big corporation, but doesn't do many ED's or sell many M cars. They don't seem to know much about the M3 other than it was announced recently (They still don't seem to know the base price for some reason). My concern is that they re-nig on the ED pricing at some point down the line, then I'm screwed out of my deposit.

If this type of deposit is common, I'll pay it, but it seems a bit excessive.
There is no non-refundable when it comes to ordering cars. I custom order all my cars and I always put down a deposit. Until I sign the papers, I can always walk away and I have walked away in the past once where I had to call up AMEX to get my deposit returned (took 5 minutes of my time). Don't believe everything they tell you.
Appreciate 0