LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KresKro View Post
LogicalApex - you got it right. I've been talking about the updated. 12kwh battery model.

You've pretty much explained all I wanted to know.

A few more things I'd like to know about:
1. How long does the charging realistically take?
2. What is the consumption of the petrol engine? As the tank is 46 litres I'm trying to figure out what the range on only petrol would be..

Thanks!
It will depend on your setup for charging. I don't think you have 120V in the EU, but I don't know for certain. When I charged using 120V on the included cable in the car set to "high" it was 10-12 hours before it was full. On 240V it charges from flat to full in under 3 hours.

The consumption on gas will vary a fair bit on driving style, conditions, and settings. Although that is true even for the EV mode. So you'll burn more fuel in Sport Mode and more fuel with the AC on that not and all that jazz. Sport Mode is surprisingly efficient though as it will dial in a more aggressive brake regenerative setting that is only set in Sport Mode.

If you're not driving for some level of efficiency I'd say ~35-40MPG is a realistic consumption to expect from ICE if you're on the highway mostly.
Appreciate 0