04-16-2016, 10:56 PM   #13
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by konoyei
I have seen other posts regarding to this and usually turns into a fight between the two camps.

I am not here to pick a fight since I actually need to make the decision in the coming months, I am just here to try to check my numbers.

So based on my calculation using the lease rate and residual posted for March, I don't see much saving between "buying the car then sell it after 3 years" or a 3 year lease provided the following:
  • best auto loan rate I could find now is 1.99% for 66 month
  • No money down for both cases
  • M2 is the only car I am looking to drive next

I understand the residual value sucks but I could always sell the car at lease end and pocket the difference between what's worth at that time and the buy off price. (Just did it on my 981S)

So am I missing something on my calculation?
There is big upside potentially for ownership if the car continued to be produced in small quantities

As It is now the M2 is returning to BMW the accolades of what the M3 originally was in E30 , E36 and E46 guise. The 1M of course holds its value Better than the E90 and I think one should fully anticipate that the M2 will hold its value better than the M4 will because it will be available in much smaller numbers.

I would go with BMW select if you can manage a good payment or 66 months with the low apr.

If you lease this car on a closed end lease and you could actually end up hating yourself unless it's a business write off.

It's also painfully obvious from the residuals on the 1M and the M2 that BMW NA wants people to buy this car, not lease
Appreciate 0