View Single Post
      04-12-2016, 10:09 PM   #1
WWFit
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Buy the M2 don't lease it

I just leased the 2016 M3 $76,500 msrp for $0 drive off $900/month. They wanted almost the same for an M2 $60k msrp

I'm a lease guy because of write off reasons for business. If you're going to buy this car then disregard this post.

I went into my dealership looking to get an M2 allocation, and started crunching numbers with them. I found that once you get the options you want on the M2 the lease price isn't much different than an M3! This is why:

1. Unknown residual value.
- lease equations are a big calculation and the residual value of the car is a big impact on the price per month you'll be spending.
2. It's the first year of its production
- The first year of a new production car is basically a test to see how it will do, and the manufacture wants to make sure and not lose its ass if the car isn't a big hit, so they buffer the residual value of the car in their favor. This makes the lease price go up exceptionally.

I did my cross analysis as to what the M3 had I liked/disliked and what the M2 had I liked/disliked. I decided for almost the same lease price I'm going with the M3.

I wanted the m2 because of price point. I felt it would put me in a $700-$750/month range. I would have gone straight to the M3 without hesitation if I knew they would have given me a deal like I got! But I figured it was way out of my price range. Come to find they're a lot more reasonable than I thought!

I love my M3 and can't get enough of it! Again this is a post for anyone looking to lease an M2, if you're going to buy one then my argument doesn't work. It's still $15k msrp less than an M3. Just giving my two cents about leasing. This is my 5th BMW lease. I love their cars and will continue to get them!

Instagram: whiteknightm3
Attached Images