View Single Post
      06-17-2009, 12:27 PM   #22
Heinzftw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Whatever you do, throw the scale out the window. The minute you get obsessed with that number, that's only going to help you fail. I'm glad to see you've understood the fact that lifting will often not help you lose overall weight.

If you cut your time in between sets down to 45 seconds max, it helps keep your heart rate up throughout your lifting workout, and increases muscular endurance while also still allowing you to do strength-focused exercises. I've found it's easiest to get comfortable in a 10-excercise/5-sets-each/8-reps-each-set routine, with normal time between sets, and then gradually, a little bit each day, decrease down time until I only give myself 30-45 seconds in between sets. Now, I get an incredibly intense and thorough workout in about an hour.

I used to try to use every supplement under the sun, including andro and prohormones (anyone else remember M-One-T?), but now I'm just down to good ol' NO2, No-Xplode (aka "make my ass xplode right before workout"), and protein.

What will help you the most is making sure you're adding lean mass, increase your metabolism through a healthy diet, and don't get caught up on the weight factor.

Best advice I can give you is to get ahold of Arnold's New Encyclopedia, read it, find a routine that works well for you, and go for it. It took me a couple years to find what works best for me, and most people have very differing needs in order to get into shape. Plus there are so many different ways to be in shape, but if you're training for a marathon, maybe you want to go balls to the wall on the endurance aspect, and lift minimally on the upper body...?
I am going balls to the wall, but recently I was asked to play football again so I need to be lifting as well as cardio.
A few things I need to get done by August 24th:
Squat 345
Bench 280+
Calf Raise 500
Dumbbell press 100

What I am at
Squat: 245
Bench: 205
Calf Raise: 400
Dumbbell press: 65lbs

I need all the help I can get at this point. Will post pictures soon!!

-█--------█-
Appreciate 0