View Single Post
      09-04-2016, 12:46 PM   #1
MYK
///MYK
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: M2

Nano ceramic or not?

After what seems to be forever, my M2 has finally arrived in Kuwait. I initially ordered the car on April 5th and it arrived last week. I was supposed to receive it on Thursday but it turned out to be one of the cars with the diff-recall issue. Anyway, the part has been replaced and the car will be fitted tomorrow with a full hood xpel protection and window tint at the dealer. Hopefully I will be able to receive it tomorrow evening.

A friend of mine has a detailing shop which happens to be the same people that will do the xpel and tint. He offered me a great deal on coating the entire car with nano ceramic but the catch is I will have to take it to the shop and wait one more day. Stupid as it seems but that is one of the reasons I want to postpone this. I need to break in the engine in a couple of weeks because I'm planning for a track day and every day counts. Plus I really, really want to drive it.

Question, I was told the nano ceramic will be put on the entire car and on top of the xpel on the hood but less layers. Shouldn't the nano ceramic be added first then th expel? Also, any benefits from doing this immediately vs. waiting a couple of months?

Thanks,

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 575
Size:  249.9 KB
Appreciate 0