View Single Post
      12-06-2017, 03:44 PM   #1
bpma
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5C Stage 2

Production tracking for European customers

So the Yankees have this neat number they can call and receive updates on what's going on with the car.

Us europoors on the other hand are left with nothing. I was so frustrated that I even tried calling the american number to seeing whether it's going to work, but the machine thingy didn;t even understand my borat accent.

In any case, here's a trick for seeing whether your car has finished production. Once you have your VIN number, go to bimmer.work to decode it. If the "production date" row has a timestamp, it means production ended. If it shows "0001-01-01", it means things are still being built.

Now the cool thing. Start decoding lower numbered VINs one by one - so if your vin is XXXXX50, try XXXXX49 - write down the production dates for each of the lower digit. I used an excel sheet, and after checking quite a few numbers, I had a neat excel sheet with the following conclusions:
  • The Graz factory pumps up around 40 G30's with my engine type per week, with an average of 8,6 cars per day (based on a 4 week data)
  • My VIN is 12th in the queue atm (based on the VIN digits), and this week graz pumped out only 22 cars so far so they have some catching up to do
  • Main conclusion: My car should be finished on Friday, so I should get a neat present to unwrap under the tree this christmas
Appreciate 0