View Single Post
      01-17-2024, 02:02 PM   #1
rrgerman
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 228i xDrive

Question New member / owner - Digital Key?

Hi there!

New owner here.

I recently purchased a 2020 228i xDrive and it came with a black NFC keycard. I was able to link it to the car so I can open/close the doors and even drive the car without having the key fob on me.

I was trying to use my phone as a "digital key" to pretty much do the same thing I can do with the NFC card, however, I don't see the option to setup the digital key on MyBMW app.

If I go to my iDrive door/key settings, I can see the NFC card and then if I read under "Reset Digital Key" it says "All Digital Keys for this vehicle have been removed. The BMW Digital Key function is reset. To use the function again, please contact your service center". - I am not sure if I messed up by resetting this feature but I just wanted to make sure the previous owner(s) didn't have a digital key and honestly I didn't check the MyBMW app before I did this to see if I had the setup option there or not.

I called the 800 number and one "genius" said that my car is not compatible, while another one told me that I should have the option on the app. So....

Thanks and sorry for the lengthy message.
Appreciate 0