12-30-2010, 08:39 PM   #8
TreDirtyFive
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianBMW99 View Post
You sir, haven't driven a Procede Tuned N55. I have driven and ridden in both and talked to drivers of the Burger tune. When two different drivers of JB'd N55's told me they can't feel that much of a difference over stock, that's when I said; "Thank You very much". The JB is probably a great tune but 310 (or 30 to 40 over stock) to the wheels is currently not enough to satisfy most, when stage 2 comes out is what I want to see. I guess the extra 30 or so to the wheels of the Procede really does make a difference.

Just my .02

PS - Not bashing any tune, just waiting to see the full offering from Burger when stage 2 comes out!
Perhaps your friend has a hiccup or wrong setting in his tune? I just drove from Los Angeles to Vegas and Back and tried Map 0 (Pass-Through) at one point after getting gas and it was supremely night and day...the tip-in on high-speed cruise was seemingly soft and had no kick at all...all be it, this is in relation to running tuned for so long as I'm sure stock to most people is still quite quick.

When I went back to Map 1 the car slammed me back in my seat on tip-in while cruising and I blew by people. It was like a different car. I'm running Power: 50, Boost: 3.25, LagFix: 80 which is just a touch over default and perhaps higher than what is recommended but I'm also on a newer physical board layout (not sure how many are running that). All this and smooth to boot. I easily beat up on a 335 Coupe (looked just like my older one!) but on M6 wheels. Obviously he was stock but it wasn't even close.

I have yet to try the procede and I'm sure it's a great tune, especially with all the features but this "Stage 1" tune is more than perfect for me until I feel the need to have that extra something.

Also, It was a fun ride until I hit crazy strong winds leaving vegas...was getting tossed left to right! Party On....