xQx
General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i (E88 N54 6AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Apex View Post
well where do you put your tools? lol
Hanging on the wall in the garage. Each with their own space, so when you're done working on the car you can immediately see if any tool is missing. If you arrive home from work and you're walking into the house, you'll see that the wife or kids has "borrowed" anything and not returned it. That way you don't take the seats out only to find you've no longer got a torx driver to finish the job.

Generally I leave sockets in the box they came in, and I've got two sets of screwdrivers & spanners (not that you need two sets, it just tends to happen as you get older) one on the wall, another still in their box/roll for jobs on-the-go.

A toolbox suits people who are working on-site, but you're forever rifling through the thing to find a tool from the bottom, and forever loosing stuff because it's not clear what's missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdub679 View Post
Any recommendations for the OBD2 scan tool? I've got a beater '03 Toyota that I need to check a code on. Thanks.
An android tablet with a ODB2 cable. It's probably more expensive than a cheap ebay scanner, but then you've got all the equipment you need for a MHD flash tune (and hopefully soon a xHP TCU Tune) later in life
Appreciate 0