View Single Post
      04-21-2019, 10:38 PM   #5
Carmelle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docflyer View Post
I have Kamikaze Zipang/Myobi on my M5. They recommend on most ceramic coatings to use only Ph neutral car shampoo. This probably rules out most drive through washes. This sure makes the washing a lot more labor intensive. It would be nice if someone would start a touch-less, Ph neutral, no coating car wash in my area! Getting a break from hand washing would be nice.
Yea I wouldn't mind paying extra for the convenience :|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjduff View Post
I know exactly what you are saying. I have two cars with Xpel and Ceramic Pro and have determined that hand washing is only safe way to go. I am concerned about the quality of the soap at the touchless car washes as well as the clear coat spray that most car washes use.

Living here in Wisconsin hand washing a car in winter is a bit of a hassle. It would be great if someone would open up a do it yourself indoor car wash. I would gladly pay $25.00 for an hour of indoor wash bay time. I guess there just isn’t a big enough market.
Ugh yea so luckily I don't have to deal with winter and salt and all that any more at least. But it's still dusty all year around and that definitely shows. I've just recently heard that there may be some full service hand wash places around here at least, going to look into those. Maybe something similar around you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalixz25 View Post
Just hand wash?
If you read the original message you'd see I was explicitly looking for alternatives.