07-20-2020, 07:59 PM   #50
knali8
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregus330i View Post
Expert mode, it's not as scary as it sounds. I am interested to see if you can actually code it to work with your unicarscan, because I was about to buy one. I used a Vgate icar pro to do all the coding on my car.

You need to go to, on Bimmercode, MGU-headunit under expert mode, then scroll down to FES. You want FES_SPORT_EXPERT which will be ticked nicht activ, not active. Tick activ then click CODE and wait for it to reset. Once reset, you should see PLUS as an additional setting to SPORT & SPORT INDIVIDUAL on the idrive display. It also shows PLUS as an additional option under SPORT INDIVIDUAL menu for ENGINE and TRANSMISSION. But neither worked on my car. Also, I noticed that highlighting the word PLUS on the screen then pressing enter also did nothing! So I thought maybe I need a more extensive adapter, like unicarscsn or Obdlink LX or MX.
To add to this, there's also a setting for XTRA BOOST, which I coded and this wording showed up on the idrive screen but was unable to highlight, like you can highlight the words SPORT and SPORT INDIVIDUAL. All coded back to standard now until someone can explain why I can't code sport plus.
This sounds exciting.. I will give it a go and let you know.. the only thing I can think of is that there may be extra coding required for the sport plus to work..
Appreciate 0