Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Such a missed opportunity by BMW. I expected much better.

BMW's driving dynamics have gone down their list of priorities over the past decade, however BMW has still been nailing everything else in their products. Overall their vehicles are amongst the best on the market. They could have done much better on this car, I know they are capable.
Still haven't driven one yet but from people who have, they have been very impressed.

But with that said, I agree with you. It's not like they built a car from the ground up - the chassis is essentially a MINI so all BMW had to do was focus on the design. The end product could have been a lot better. Worse case, they could have played it safe and rehashed a current design and added two extra doors similar to what they did with the 6er Gran Coupe - why try to do more when what you want is pretty much in front of you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Such a missed opportunity by BMW. I expected much better.

BMW's driving dynamics have gone down their list of priorities over the past decade, however BMW has still been nailing everything else in their products. Overall their vehicles are amongst the best on the market. They could have done much better on this car, I know they are capable.
You are not quite correct. The UKL2 platform this rides on is also shared with the BMW X1/X2 and I believe the overseas FWD Active Tourer 2.

This isn't a solely dedicated MINi platform as your post implies.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0