United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
You're are a manual aficionado
Affirmative, but got kinda 'forced out' of beloved Manual Transmission Land in the recent past as a result of a motorcycle accident (see here).
I'm really sorry to hear about that, it sucks when life throws you a curve ball but as they say, it could been worst and being limited to DCT is best possible outcome..

Trust me, I've seen people get much more rawer deals, just by simply being victims of the circumstance... But I digress..

The DCT is pretty cool, the lighten fast shifting is impressive, it shifts before you could even finish a though but when I drive a DCT or ZF8, it just temps me to play with the paddles, step on the gas pedal and blast off.

I could better pace myself in speed, when you're allowed to modulate a shifter and clutch pedal. DCT 0 to 100mph, real quick would get me in a lot of trouble. It's fun but addictive.

It's cool BMW still gives you that option of a manual, which I sure they did begrudgingly but couldn't deny the numbers, in a 2023 model year.. It shows they understand their market demand and one of their saving grace, in a niche but competitive market.
Appreciate 0