View Single Post
      09-04-2018, 08:42 AM   #1
JGoodell
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Audi Q7

New to the X5, could use some guidance.

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie to the X5 world and I'm looking for some help. We've had Jeep Grand Cherokees for the last 10 years, but I think we've finally outgrown them. We looked long and hard at the RR Sport, but everywhere I turned I kept hearing that they are a reliability nightmare. With 2 young kids I can't be going back and forth to the shop on a regular basis. The Q7 doesn't do it for me and I am not old enough to drive a Mercedes so we're onto the X5.

I know all the in's and out's with JGC's, but diving into the X5 world feels like going on vacation to a new place for the first time; you can do all the research in the world, but you know you're still going to miss out on something. With that said I have a few questions I'm hoping some of you could answer for me regarding the 2019 X5.

1. What are the major differences b/w the 40i and the 50i besides the V-8 engine? What exactly am I paying $15k for and is it worth it?

2. What accessories/options are must haves?

3. Can I live with DHP? Seems like I'll have to if I choose the 40i

4. I'm a big (loud) music person. The BW upgrade seems amazing, but at $3500-$4200 it also seems absurd...will I be happy the standard sound system?

5. We are dog people and they're often in the car...does BMW off a dog grate that keeps the dogs in the back and if so is it solid without any rattling?

6. What exactly does the 'leather credit' I've read about cover? Can I pretty much upgrade to the 'extended leather package' for no additional charge on either the 40i or 50i?

7. Seems like I can expect about $3k off msrp...sound right?

8. Does anyone have a solid guess at the cost of the M40i when it gets released?

That should be all for now. Hope you can help, and thanks in advance,

Jason
Appreciate 0