View Single Post
      01-19-2018, 10:53 AM   #2
nikman011
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 STi - IAG Trojan

Our setups are pretty similar, with the difference being that I have the mid-pipe, and mine is a 2017. A few weeks ago I had a CEL, which was lit for about 24 hrs, then shut off. I called my BMW service connection, and he said not to worry about it, unless it appears again, and if so, to bring it in for them to check out (he also said that I could bring it in at that point if I wanted). A few weeks later it reoccured multiple times, so I dropped it off for inspection. They checked the code, and said it was a communication error that was being thrown, caused by the Stage 1, so the disconnected it, reattached it, and tested, No errors. They kept it 3 days, testing through-out, and were unable to throw any errors. I have been running the car for roughly a week now, with no issues at all, in terms of a CEL coming on, but also, the performance of the vehicle never changed either, running smooth and fast as hell as usual.
something else to note, the CEL seemed to occur on the first really cold day out here, so thinking that maybe the connections on the sensors were not tight enough, then some shrinkage and expanding with HOT/COLD exacerbated the loose connection. Also, my BMW dealer, and Dinan dealer are one and the same, having sold me the car, and done all the Dinan installs, .... All is well