06-10-2017, 12:35 PM   #5
aarodynamics
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M2/08 M3/15 Golf R/20 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwalker View Post
I tracked my M235i with similar mods (FBO).

The N55 HPFP can't really support sustained hard-running. At some point in the stock tuning, the ECU asks for a lot more fuel (perhaps for cooling), which crashes the HPFP. This manifests as a bog or slowdown, like you're out of gas on repeated high-RPM pulls (as on a road course). It clears up if you back off for a 1/4 lap, but comes back soon after.

IMHO: if you want to crank up N55 boost beyond what the M2 makes out of the box, you'll ultimately need to add supplemental fueling of some kind. I ended up with Fuel-It port injection.

My M2 is stock for now (only 400 miles on it), but I've saved my bolt-ons and the PI system from the M235i for the future.
@rwalker, thanks for the advice. Interested to hear more on the Fuel-It port injection if you had any other details or links to results that people have had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David@ActiveAutowerke View Post
We have about a dozen track days with our ECU reflash and haven't had any issues. We're also in Florida so track temps are easily 100+ during the summer.

At first we tried to track the car with our Active-8 piggyback and quickly realized that without additional fuel and timing control in the ECU, it would get too hot and pull the timing. After a few hot laps the car was making less power than stock.

With our ECU flash we have corrected the air fuel ratio for track use and have also modified the boost curve so that the car holds consistent power up top. Our car with our downpipe, intercooler and reflash makes about 380whp. We have maps that make up to 400whp but you will end up having fuel system issues especially under hard driving.
@David, Very helpful

Thanks for the responses.
  1. Does anyone have real-world experience with modifying the fueling system on the M2 to go beyond 380whp?
  2. If I wanted to upgrade the fueling, would I need to go with a full kit like this? Would I also need a JB4 & that Split Second controller?
  3. Do you use these together?
  4. When do you need to use them together?
  5. Can I get by with just a flash since I don't really want to have a separate controller unless absolutely necessary?

Thanks,
Aaron
Appreciate 0