View Single Post
      01-12-2020, 09:59 AM   #1
-EndOfAnEra-
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD

Garage List
Differences between Active Cruise and Driving Assistance Pro?

The data on BMW's website is helpful but not 100% clear. Curious first if anyone has ordered a vehicle with Active Cruise? I found that radar cruise control has been a godsend on long trips in other manufacturer's vehicles so I want it, but it strikes me that if I don't want the partial autonomy features in Drive Assist Pro, Active Cruise would be fine.

Another question as well since Active Cruise is a Priority 1 option, does this create production delays like Individual paint can?

Anyone else debate between the two? Here's a summary from the configurator.

Active Cruise (5DF):
"Active Cruise Control maintains your selected speed; it also uses radar to keep your preselected distance from the vehicle ahead with limited-force automated braking - a useful feature in stop-and-go traffic. Also included is Frontal Collision Warning: if the vehicle ahead suddenly brakes, you are alerted and, if necessary, the brakes engage. NOTE: This feature is not a substitute for the driver's own responsibility. Due to the road, traffic and visibility conditions, the driver decides whether and how the system is used."

Driving Assistance Professional (ZDY):
"Maximize peace of mind every time you get behind the wheel of your vehicle with innovative features like Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go, Active Lane Keeping Assistant with Side Collision Avoidance and Automatic Lane Change for worry-free highway travel; Evasion Assistant and Cross-traffic Alert for the front of the vehicle to minimize risk during city driving; and Steering and Traffic Jam Assistant for super-convenient, partially-automated driving."

Thanks!
Appreciate 0