gone but not forgotten
United_States
Rep
Drives: gone 135 - Hello 1M!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgad View Post
updated post..
yeah gt..
wont have to worry about looking in your rear view mirror, huh?...
sorry,had to do it, owe ya one!
..op totally try to set this up.
Nah its fine. I realize I actually had it comming. And I have slowed down considerable. I won't let the speedo top 65 now(Which most likely means I'm actually doing soomewhere around the speed limit. Well my date is set for the 28th of april. I find out then whats gonna happen. But for now, back to the track...where I can legally speed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade+ View Post
I think that this is fate: "The road course is 1.35 miles, and a minimum of 40' wide, save for the 1,400 ft straightaway." Look at the numbers, "1.35" and "1400" (where our torque kicks in) . Well, I know, cheesy, but c'mon. We could have one of the biggest 1er meets ever. And I would love to see how the 128i run.
Yeah its a bit cheesy. But your looking...I give you credit for that.

But after looking at the overhead veiw of the track I think the 128s might have a legit shot. The course is mostly turns. So if a 135 has a shaky line and the 128 is spot on this could be very close because the 135 wont be able to accelerate as often, although with turbo v aspiration our torque kicks in lower. I think it will mostly depend on driver skill.

But what is the plan. I see that there was link to a guy's email about renting the track out for a day. If its a reasonable price and we get enought guys to commit is the plan to have everyone chip in and see if we could rent it out?