nd2002
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragster RR View Post
First off, my wheels are coated, so that may help with my weekly routine.

I simply take a microfiber cloth and spray it with quick detail spray (or a little ONR solution) then wipe each wheel. I end up using 3-5 cloths because they do get dirty quickly, especially if you clean the calipers and behind the wheel 'spokes' which I do.

I don't like spraying the wheels directly with detail spray, because if it hits the rotor, it promotes rust and orange dust. Plus, I tend to saturate the cloth just enough to lift off the brake dust, while still providing adequate lubricity (i.e., don't want to scratch the wheels).

This part takes about 5 min / wheel.

Then I go over the tire sidewalls with Adams VRT.

Yeah, its a PITA and I do miss the CCBs I had on my other cars!
Awesome tips! Thank you! I've been thinking about coating my wheels and you've just convinced me to do it. Did you pull the wheels off so you could coat the inside lip as well or did you just coat the outside face of the spokes?

Do you find you can get the brake dust that the microfiber towel picks up washed off or do you have to trash the towel after?
Wheels need to be pulled to coat. You can also use just a sealant like Sonax PNS on the entire wheel. Not as effective as a coating, but lasts for a good 4-6 mos. I have some you can use of you'd rather test it out before buying it yourself. I use it on the car also, for its phenomenal "hydrophobicity"

Ideally, you just want to swap out your pads. I popped in the Carbotech 1521s and dust issue is now non-existant. I have also used EBC red stuff, and they also work well in terms of dusting.

My favorite pads were Akebono Euro, but don't think they make our pad shape.
Appreciate 0