View Single Post
      09-25-2013, 01:44 AM   #3
sleet
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Just got my TMC stage 2 box for n20 328i. What can I say.. great service and excellent product!

Main differences between stage 1 and stage 2:

1) Addition of RPM sensor - this seems to have greatly reduced my problem of flooring the throttle in sport+ mode, not allowing the car to downshift, at 2.7-4k rpm and have the car jerking back and forth while accelerating. This problem also happens on my AFE tune.

2) Boost kicking in earlier - based on my dyno on stage 1, torque only really comes in at 2600rpm. But now with stage 2, it seems to kick in earlier at ~2000rpm.

3) More power at higher rpms - I always felt that power started to taper off around 5300rpm onwards. But with this stage 2 kit, it feels that the car maintains its power all the way to redline.

Overall this stage 2 product seems so much more refined than its initial release in terms of drivability. Also, I am getting so much more wheelspin now it's crazy...

Downside:
1) It's kinda hard for a non-mechanic like myself to connect the rpm sensor wiring when you have an AFE air intake blocking the way.

I will try to dyno when I have the chance.
Appreciate 0