02-09-2021, 05:41 AM   #16
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhter View Post
I currently drive an f15 x30d M sport with m adaptive and rear air suspension (for last 3.5yrs) and want basically got bored of the tech and interior and also miss the smoothness of the gas engines of all my past bmws. I also wanted a big step up in interior quality. The g05 ticks all these boxes. I hate q7 exterior (too minivan like for my taste) and the lack of driver engagement of the xc90 (Imho a great car if you don't actually care about driving. Top notch design, utility and value) and hate all Benz interiors especially the tech. That left cayenne which would have cost 50k more similarly equipped (I like cars loaded with all the toys) or wait for q8 (which would also cost about 20k more). Velar was too small and rr sport is old tech and dated interior. A loaded g05 x40i m sport was the best option for me and got me actually excited about owning one.
Cayenne S and X5 50i are very close in price in the US with a similar level of equipment. I have a Cayenne S for 2016 and a 2018 X5 50i and the MSRP was less than $5K (both in the low 90s). The Cayenne does not have CarPlay but the interior leather quality is better IMHO. I prefer the X5 for comfort, although when I had 21-inch rims on my X5, the panels seemed to creak and rattle more over bumps etc. compared to the Cayenne.

IMHO, the G05 is overall more refined than the F15, although I would not trade my 50i F15 for a 40i G05. I have driven both models and the build quality and overall driving isn't night and day but G05 is overall better. The only area where the F15 better to me is rear-seat comfort. I can recline and move it front and back. That option does not seem possible in the G05.

You can code iDrive on the F15 which allows you to customize the experience somewhat including getting the full-screen CarPlay - which to me is a nice upgrade on the cheap for the F15.

personally, I find the F15 looks a little nicer on the outside, but inside the G05 is quieter and the cabin is much more modern.

My 2 cents worth...
Appreciate 0