United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F80 M3, 22 G01 X3 30i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [9.83]
2015 BMW M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleruckus View Post
From my understanding (and please correct me if I am mistaken), the warranties also work differently. The Dinan tune will actually void your BMW warranty, however Dinan will match/cover if anything goes wrong. The MPPSK is directly from BMW and does not alter your factory warranty whatsoever.

In reality, there may be no functional differences. I do not have any experience and perhaps those that have worked with Dinan in the past can comment.
No, absolutely incorrect. Dinan does not and has never "voided" your BMW warranty. The Dinan parallel warranty is for situations where repairs are denied under the BMW warranty, and Dinan then picks up the tab. It has been this way for years and has not changed.

The other factor is that the M-Performance tune has 1 level only, whereas the Dinan has stages 1-4, with 4 being extreme and including a higher-output turbocharger in addition to the software.

I have the MPPK and MPE and am fine with the modest power increase and other items that the MPPK provides (like the exhaust burble, etc.).

2015 F80 ///M3 Sedan 7DCT Tanzanite, 2022 X3 sDrive30i 8AT Brooklyn Grey
Appreciate 0