View Single Post
      07-11-2009, 07:59 AM   #1
lomay
Private
Rep
Drives: S23i

Welcome the new Z4 to Hong Kong

Hi guys!

As requested, let me post a few shots of my S23i which I collected yesterday.

As you can see, she only got 17" 292 wheels which looks nice but not the best wheels that I would like to have. However, I still found she did jump a bit on our poorly surfaced roads. So guys in Hong Kong who got 18" and 19" wheels please tell us how you feel.

She got 50 Km on the clock when I collected her and had been driven her for a 100 km since then. That included motorways and twisty/narrow roads on Island South.

Tyres and brakes are still not at their best condition and should improve later. Handling is no complain and you have to get used to the long bonnet for entering tight corners. Found quite a difference between normal and sport mode. Have not tried sport+ yet. Steering got heavier right away and engine rev and throttle give you a very sporty feel especially when the roof or windows are down and the sound is nice. Therefore the sound of 30i and 35i must be very very nice.

Tyres for 17" is RE 050 A "I" (225/45 91w front; 255/40 94 w at the rear) made in Poland in week 12/14 2009. So, it must be G2...... not G3 RFT

I thought there was only 050 A and 050 A II, now there is the 050 A I ...... there are just so many versions.....

The first modification that I have done is to turn the ash tray into a coin box!! This is the 3rd BMW that I have done so!! BECAUSE they do not allow us to have any option to get ride of the ash tray or smoker pack even thought you insist not to have!!

I have also took away the 2 heavy tow bars which we have no use at all in the city and leave the only tool, a screw driver, in the car. Not equipped with a jack of course with RFT.

The boot is actually not small. Done some measurement and surely you can place a 60cm H x 78 L x 26 W average size suitcase with roof down.

My car is the 2nd batch that arrived here. So there should be about 30 plus Z4s on the road by now. Hope those guys who are still waiting for their cars won't have to wait too long.........

Oh, there was some noise from the back after open and close the roof a few times it seems disappear...
but when she hit the potholes on the road.......it seems you got all kinds of noise from everywhere....

Anyway, will report further when more milage has been done
Attached Images

Appreciate 0