03-24-2008, 05:24 PM   #10
goldminer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 SG E92 M3, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3aHOLIC84 View Post
I totally understand what your saying, but my good friend all that has been thought about...I dont know why im teaching the public about these loop holes.and the answer for your post is that you change YOUR address to your uncles, aunts, cousins etc etc...doesnt matter who you choose but the point is when they ask why the principal driver was not driving the vehicle...my answer is "because I was borrowing it for the day". ive been into two accidents the past 8 years and one of them was my fault..you come out clean...eveyrone in my community does this anyway...its the socal way of living haha lol..well not everyone but you get the point...my point is basically i can drive your car and get into an accident and im covered and the car is covered because at the end of the day "the car was insured". i can even collect medical insurance money...its been done plenty of times from dozens of people i know and its actually a veryyyy legal way of bending the rules. they have no right to ask why i live somewhere else or why i was borrowing the car...its personal reasons...even if they do you can always have an answer..my point is you wont get fired or let go from your job
I'm not sure where are you getting your legal advice from but I believe you are very wrong. When you enter into a contract with someone you are required to provide accurate information or the contract is void. Contrary to your assertions, if the contract is void the car is not insured. You are correct that I can loan you my car occasionally and the car has insurance coverage but if you become the primary driver, and I don't declare it, the car does not have insurance coverage.

As for them having no right to ask those questions I'm not sure why you think this. If one party has reason to suspect the other party to a contract has fraudulently misrepresented the risk the insurer has taken on they have every right to ask those questions and to investigate. If the amount involved in the claim is large and they suspect fraud they will just deny your claim and it will be up to you to take them to court to force coverage. At that time you will be disclosing information under oath and if you lie then you are now committing a serious crime.

There is nothing legal about what you are doing.
Appreciate 0