View Single Post
      11-08-2018, 10:27 AM   #17
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clear_Blue22 View Post
I can tell you with absolute certainty that you must get new springs installed! BMW really missed the mark but not making the car drive like this out of the gate. Picked up my ride with DINAN springs installed this afternoon. It feels like it is absolutely glued to the road now. It is a tad bit more bumpy but it doesn't bounce and sway after the bumps and the body roll seems to be cut in half. It gives you confidence in traction as you dive into and out of turns. Wish I did this a year ago when I first picked it up. Also it really makes a subtle change to a more aggressive and sporty look with the wheel gap closed up slightly
I don't think your certainty can be that absolute. I disagree about the springs as well. I would have zero tolerance for more bumpy. Not sure if you have the MAdaptive suspension or the fixed steel suspension as part of the MSport. The MAdaptive suspension in the Track Handling Package is extremely well balanced for ride/handling as originally equipped and along with the M2 LCA installation to sharpen steering response (which was a bit lacking for me), this car is quite prepared to respond to aggressive inputs while not deteriorating normal driving comfort.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 2