jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMike View Post
Jeremy,

In your pics, it doesn't seem to get lost in the shadows as much as in other pics I've seen. I guess it depends on the view. Looks good though.
Thanks. I haven't had a chance to get any decent side shots. I took those from my balcony right after I installed it. Hopefully this weekend I can get it cleaned up and get some from the side so you guys can get a better idea of what it looks like.

I'm not against painting it at all, but I don't think it looks bad in black. I've gotten a lot of comments about it over the last couple of weeks, but I think a lot of people are just wowed by real CF in general, so that's not really a good indication.

The mirrors look a lot better in black IMO, or at least on a car with shadowline trim. I'm still on the fence about the blacked out grills. I think I like the 128i's grills, with the black centers and chrome ring, better than the shadowline or stock grills. I'm thinking about pulling them apart and putting the chrome rings on the black centers.

On the other hand, I want a set of BBS wheels with the black diamond finish, and I think the black stuff will look better after that.

Now I just need about $3k to spare. :roundel:
Appreciate 0