04-29-2016, 01:12 PM   #12
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Austin Maxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole3488 View Post
I went from an e92 m3 zcp to my current m2 and also have an e46 330ci as my daily. I heard the ims issues are fixed on the 997.2. Also I was watching some videos last night cant you do preventative replace the bearing. When you are talking about the outdated tech is that just the nav etc? I think that the latestet 997.2 has a better set up. Also what are your thoughts compared from the 997 to the 991.1?
Yes,
The problems I experienced were with a mk1 or .1 if you will and that was with the bore scoring.Preventative maintenance can be done with the IMS which the .2 doesn't have of course.The engine is completely different with cooling around the cylinder liners being one of the main differences.The cooling issue in the .1 was one of the main culprits to scoring and mods can get done...but it gets tedious.

The .2 is a far better car but also more expensive ~£13/15K more expensive in the UK to upgrade to the cheapest .2.

Sat nav isn't brilliant and everything is starting to show its age now we're in this digital world and look tired especially the .1,however my original latter comments still remain for whatever model variant you go for.
Appreciate 0