View Single Post
      03-05-2019, 04:43 AM   #6
ppagiga
Major
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post

This is a very nice video, very good info presented on many aspects of the X7. About 3:00 in, cutie shows a side-by-side comparison of trunk space, between a model with captain's chairs, and one with 2nd row bench.

Then later on, (about 14:00 and on) she shows the difference in buttons and operation of 2nd row seat between captain's chairs and bench model. Similar, but slightly different. Interesting.

Twice in the video, she says when a person gets in the 3rd row, and 2nd row seats return to seating position, they "stop before hitting the person's knees". I'm curious about this.

I also didn't know, with the cold weather package, 3rd row seat is heated too? Cool.

Blue thanks for posting. Very informative. Do you know if Captain's have the ability to do what the bench does at the 14:30 marker of your video? The seat moves forward, then tilts up, all without the seat back folding forward at all. This would be critical functionality in captain chair equipped car with a bunch of car seats in it. The guys in this video seem to pull it off but not sure how. Check out the 5:40 marker.

Also, i revisited the original press release from October. IN it, bmw says the second row slides back and forth 5.7". That's more than i realized. Figured it was 4-ish
Appreciate 0