United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowanBuds View Post
Can you expand on #6 from your list? I don't know what exactly the coding does for this.

Also - I know there was some discussion on a BMW software update that impacted the ability to code the cars to have non-US features. Any coders have experience with a car that was updated with a BMW flash? I'm taking delivery stateside sometime in August and my vehicle will likely have any updated software that is being flashed onto customers cars when they are in for service - will I be unable to have features coded? (Such as Euro MDM, anti-dazzle lights, chimes off, windows via CA, and just a few others)

Thanks for the input coders!
Its the start-up video or animation that comes up sometimes when you get in the car.

Its standard on M cars, on non-M it says ConnectedDrive with some flowing line animation.

The boot logo only comes up at times when you unlock and get right into the car, I THINK what happens is as soon as you unlock the car the headunit starts booting in the background, so the sooner you get in after unlocking, the more likely you are to see a boot up screen, where as if you unlock from say your front door walk to your car and then get in it should go right to the main screen. Maybe someone else can confirm but this is my theory.

As for the updated software issue, I had mine updated last week and I have no issues. I don't want to speculate further on this but I think in some cases you can just inject an old CAFD that isn't trimmed.

See this thread for more info:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=812652&page=7