View Single Post
      10-10-2007, 12:37 AM   #8
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkashoe View Post
What about the large difference in torque, to get the heavier vehicle moving quicker, i think that would play a major part. I think the e93 will still whoop the stock e92
Nah.
Maybe from a dead stop that torque will help a bit.
But to be honest, it just means the e93 driver would have to modulate the throttle more or launch a bit less aggressively to get a good launch.
Plus the stock e92 335i launches pretty easily by comparison.
You can brake torque the thing up to about 2000 rpms and then just mash the throttle and lift off the brake and you are off and running with just a bit of tire chirping.
The E93 driver with PROcede v1.47 is going to have to launch with a bit more control to keep the low end torque from just spinning the wheels or setting off the traction control.
It will still have more of an advantage from a stop to be sure.
With a perfect launch from both in a 1/4 mile run, I'd give the PROcede e93 the win by 2 CL's

In rolling runs (you almost always start at 3500+ rpms) it's all about hp then (power to weight).
With the PROcede v1.47 e93 having only approximately 10-12 rwhp advantage when power to weight is taken into account, it will creep away, but it surely won't be running.
As I stated, I'd put money on a 2nd gear rolling start of around 30-40 mph and going to 120 mph the PROcede v1.47 e93 won't have more than 12 feet of air between it's rear bumper and the stock e92's front bumper and possibly less.
Appreciate 0