08-05-2020, 01:44 AM   #174
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregus330i View Post
Let us know how you get on with the Eibach springs in all your different driving conditions. I live in London and recently had my ACS springs taken off and reverted back to stock because of a few audible scrapes underneath the car over several speed humps - probably the higher ones, all at very low speeds. What I also need to say that in my own opinion & experience, the AC springs made the car too low at the front. Especially with that overhang also. Probably great springs for the Nurburgring, where I don't ever drive my car, but on west London roads I had to be very careful too often.
Although I've had it 4 months, only about 1200 miles in it still.

Only one scrape and that was down a very steep exit ramp from the local tip!

I think the smart move was getting the -25mm not the -30 which are also noticeably firmer.

Over time I 'might' take of the extended front splitter which of course was the bit that scrapped. You keep the awesome stance then but zero risk I'd say.

So it's physically possible but only happened once and I was exiting a bit speedily, slower and it wouldn't have happened.

As for comfort, no bother at all, it is like OEM BMW M Perf / M ride feel really. Spot on.

How low was the ACS drop?