View Single Post
      02-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #11
tom e92 coupe
Registered
Rep
Drives: e92 325i coupe

I have had the same thing with my 325i e92 since i brought the car from the main agent on 36000 miles i have now done 46000 and i have already added 1 liter of oil in and the car is now showing about a quarter left between minimum and max. I have had a few cars before and hardly ever had to add any oil to them between services so i am quite bewildered why bmw seam it to be the norm.
I have now got 4000 miles before my service and bmw have told me that its quite normal to have to add a liter of oil for every 1000 miles. So if this is the case after a service am i now expected to add 14 litres of oil to my car between services. I thought new cars are ment to be good for the environment, so surely there must be a big question over where is this oil going. Burnt off into the environment obviously.
I had an 1983 mini as my first car that run on thick duchams oil and that would go 10000 between needing top ups and that engine had been around the clock twice so it was very worn.
Sorry dont mean to rant just seams strange how a big company like bmw can get away with having such an inefficient engines in there range of cars.
Appreciate 0