View Single Post
      03-01-2024, 11:39 AM   #22
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe17 View Post
I won't be disclosing the actual total price, as that would be unfair towards the shop that did the work, he's a good guy running his own shop. So with respect to the grind, I can say this, parts are parts. Minus the VAC rod bearing kit which I bought separately for the rebuild, parts alone are still gonna be over 8K for anyone trying to make sure it's done right (if you don't need cylinder heads, sleeves, or a new block). I will not discuss labor costs.

With that said, some advice to those who do blow up an S65 and *can't* do the job themselves: If you screw up a piston, and you also need either a new block, sleeves, or just 1 cylinder head; it may be wise to sell your shell and buy a whole different E9x M3.
Fair enough and I understand. Good to know on the parts price for anyone who has a similar issue. I know my A8 is $26k for just the long block, thing would be parted out if that ever happens lol. Just hit the big 100k the other day but been a great car so far in the 50k miles I've owned it.

Enjoy your car!!!
Appreciate 0