Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer 2019 View Post
In my case "Production Begins" (Step 150) with VIN# was reached on 2/17. This was 11 days after my dealer submitted the order which already had a Production# assigned. The actual assembly (Step 151) began on 2/24, and the car was finished and "At The Port" (Step 193) on 3/2. 14 days from "Production Begins" to "At The Port". This was blessedly much faster than I have experienced in the past.

The frustration begins while waiting for assignment to, and loading aboard a ship. It's a virtual lottery, and could happen in a few days or a few weeks with no info available in the interim. Info will not become available until a couple of days after the ship has been loaded, and departed Bremerhaven. There is a ship sailing today that is destined for my port of delivery (Brunswick, GA), so I am hoping for the best. If not, then my next possibility will be on 3/22 with others on 3/24 and 3/25. Like I said - frustration.
I think it gets worse after the ship departs and docks and now you are in import limbo waiting for the customs folks to inspect and pass your vehicle... for it to load onto a truck to deliver. In the mean time you come to the conclusion your car has been tied down to a deck of a ship that’s thrashing about in open seas, hoping nothing happens to your car since it left pristine from the factory while knowing at least 5 different hands have touched it, up the ramp...down the ramp... onto a tractor trailer off of it, weather elements in tow. Anyone else have anxiety?
My vessel is currently near the Dominican Republic and I'm nervous the ship crew is gonna take a relaxing vacay there :seesaw:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0