01-23-2017, 10:35 PM   #5
Araemo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 340iX 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M34lnch View Post
Looks like I answered my own question:

Q: What are the details on the 340i M Performance Power Kit (MPPK)?
A: The power kit now only comes bundled with the M Performance Exhaust since they work in tandem. The stock exhaust has too much back pressure to work with the higher flow of the new power kit, so the 340i M Performance Exhaust has reduced back pressure to work with the remapped ECU of the power kit.

There's two ways to increase power - intake more air, or reduce back pressure allowing for faster air exit. With the previous MPPK (for the N55 engine) we went the route of more air intake, but for the 340i (B58 engine) we modified the the exhaust system to reduce back pressure and allow the air to exit the car faster, which together with the modified ECU, results in more power.
Yep, the part you listed is for the N55 in the 335/435/etc, not the B58 in the 340. I can understand your concerns - I was concerned about the exhaust myself (I would have happily bought the MPPK and gotten no exhaust changes), but I wanted the power kit, and comfort mode on the MPPSK exhaust is nice and sedate. I would have preferred the MPPK price, but oh well.
Appreciate 0