View Single Post
      02-07-2011, 03:05 AM   #1
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Arrow Sulfur free gas and the new E10 fuel in Germany…

Hi Guys,

As some of you probably already know… the Germans are phasing in this new Bio fuel “E10”. Every German gas station will have it by the end of this month. E10 contains 10% Ethanol. Not so good for our HPFP or injectors.

Regular Benzin is no longer sold. E10 took its place. And now… Super grade fuel contains up to 5% Ethanol too. Only SuperPlus is straight fuel. No additives or diluted with Ethanol. Many Germans are upset that their older cars can not run any Ethanol blend. So they are forced to buy the higher priced SuperPlus.

Btw… I noticed today at my Esso that now E10 is ten cent cheaper than SuperPlus. Super (E05 if you will or 5% Ethanol) and SuperPlus ARE THE SAME PRICE. Why would anyone run Super IF SuperPlus is the same price!?!?

So… for all you guys… I would highly suggest you only buy and use SuperPlus fuel in your BMWs.

The pumps on US Bases will also be affected soon. By the end of this month Regular gas will be gone forever.

http://www.bmu.de/files/pdfs/allgemein/application/pdf/faltblatt_e10_bf.pdf

I made these pics to show you the German DIN decals on the pump stating the fuel you are pumping is indeed “Sulfur Free” (Schwefelfrei) – it also shows you that the SuperPlus is 98 octane. The little blue decals are from the state of Bavaria attesting that the pumps have been calibrated.

Tanken with SuperPlus…

Sulfur free seal…

I had just a tad more than half a tank when I filled up.

Btw… the above less than half tank translates into $7.91 per US gallon! Think of that the next time you fill up and complain about the price of fuel. Of course we Military folks are paying about $3.60 per US gallon this week. Our price of fuel changes weekly – based on US stateside prices.

Dackel

Last edited by Dackelone; 02-24-2011 at 03:15 PM..
Appreciate 0