View Single Post
      04-27-2024, 02:59 PM   #293
Sneaky Pete
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
When does Max stuggle with pace? You must be confusing him for Ham who usually doesnt have much of it. Honda requires that the engines be turned down for practice sessions, yet Max is THE ONLY one who goes to practice sessions and usually leads or is near the top of them. Usually his times on Hard or Medium tires is as fast or faster than those on Softs. Albon has said when he was there, Max would get the car set-up in almost no time at all which was astonishing.
Well, we know Ham got a WDC winning car right away, and only won because of blatant cheating (that result should have been voided knowing there was cheating going on). Beyond that, I've heard he got upgrades Alo didnt because they were favoring him and he still didnt beat him on points. Max at the same age, same car would have destroyed Alo or Ham. That's why Ham always had a 'no Max' clause. He was terrified of his talent.
It's always funny the excuses we hear about why Ham isnt fast. His setup had experimental parts, he chose a 50/50 setup and lost (every time??), he went the wrong direction on the front wing. It's like he will make any excuse to deter from the fact that is it glaringly true that when he doesnt have a material advantage like he did with the MB of 80-100 hp over every other car, he just isnt that good. And if you remove the 2014-2021 time frame, he had a dominant Mclaren in 07-08 and only won because of cheating, and then 2009-2013 (2nd best car), and 2022-2023 (2nd best car) and so far 2024 his stats are overwhelmingly poor at best.
Max can and would outdrive him in any car, any day of the week. I'd love to see them both in spec cars and watch the excuses from Ham on why he cant put up the pace.
Ah OK..my mistake...I thought you knew something about F1.
Appreciate 0