View Single Post
      12-31-2017, 11:22 AM   #6
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_M2 View Post
Fuel starvation: M2 suffers from fuel starvation issue at the track which puts the car in limp mode. I happens when you have less than half a tank of gas left in the car. My friend's M4 did the entire day (5 sessions) in a single tank of gas. I had to refuel every 2.

Limp/comfort mode because of low tire pressure: If you leak out hot air from the tire hoping it goes back up on the track then beware- Once the tire cools down in between your sessions and the tire pressure drops below 32psi, car goes into limp/comfort mode. It DOES NOT go back to normal on the track even if the tire pressure goes up. Tip: Make sure you don't drop your hot tire pressure below 38.

Brake cooling ducts: I haven't personally felt the lack of braking, but it does soften up a bit towards the entire of session (on track pads). Some people have jerry-rigged a custom cooling pipe which you can look up.
True about fuel starvation. The Dinan LPFP mod kit fixed that for me and is relatively cheap.

On tire PSI and TPMS, most of us can drop pressures to 26/27 without limp mode. Still requires resetting the TPMS before leaving the pits, tho. You can run without sensors and still run DSC off, but throttle and steering will have Comfort mode feel.
Appreciate 1