View Single Post
      11-22-2015, 09:11 PM   #11
NightM
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by momos750 View Post
The drive shaft can probably be upgraded to carbon fiber or a stronger steel unit. Other than cooling and clutch upgrades what can be done to the DCT? I haven't seen any upgrades for the differential but maybe cryo-treating the ring gears and parts may strengthen it? Axles can prob be made by DSS or another quality axle company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
Maybe - I have been at 800+ torque at the wheels for a while now. Let's see what breaks :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Nice... But I'm sure 800 whp will break either differential or driveshaft or or axle or DCT ..... or all of them...I doubt this car is designed to be able to tolerate that much twist since you are talking about +1000 NM torque at crank shaft for a DCT with nominal input torque capacity of 700 NM. I admit Germans are conservative and always underrate everything but not over 40% ... IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
Likely 800whp is possible - the main advantage is better flow at moderate boost levels. This system is completely turbine limited so any major gain won't be available until we have the S2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansc View Post
Great! Lets see what the limit is with these hybrids. I am considering them myself
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdf10m5 View Post
Very nice !

just tested it till a good speed and its holding it very well we were both shocked that hybrid can do this.
made a thread on the "VS" so take a look there.
Appreciate 0