Thread: AIRBAG Recall
View Single Post
      01-11-2018, 09:16 PM   #4
mcdanielvzw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i (times 2)

Garage List
I posted this to bimmerfest, and Copy/Paste here. I've also seen there were ultimatum options if you wanted out of the "dangerous vehicle" if you tried hard enough that wouldn't break your bank. Begin post:

Virtually every single car manufacturer and car made has an airbag that is defective. That's millions, if not hundreds of millions of cars. I think for perspective, you should go and make your own airbag and see how many you can make in a day, week, or month. Could they handle it better by not saying soon, sure - but that is marketing and PR saying "what is better, soon or we don't know yet".

I'm not trying to be funny or rude, but this is a massive situation. Also it may be right or wrong, but I've read in the past BMW was working on developing their own replacements instead of going to a normal OEM which would exacerbate that situation if true.

This isn't like a bad waterpump in a few vehicle models, where taking months is unacceptable. My $.55 (since .02 can't even get a phone call now).

Expecting what is right as consumers is one thing, but realistic expectations from a global issue is another. I'm almost astonished one company had so much to do with a single item in a car, but surprises happen every day.
Appreciate 1