View Single Post
      05-21-2014, 11:32 PM   #12
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek View Post
The e92m3 GT2 is considered a tube chassis race car due to it not using the OE tub's frame rails for suspension and axle pickup points. DTM also has a tub that then has a tube frame chassis attached to it.
Except that you just said:

The e92m3 GT2 is not an e92 chassis....it's a tube frame race chassis = not a single part is shared with the e92.

So you're new definition contradicts your earlier statement. And in fact your incorrect claim is why I pointed you to that article in the first place. The part you cited in your post clearly states that the car absolutely does share parts with the production M3.

But let's move on. I'm very skeptical that a stripped F8x won't be able to shed more than 400 lbs off the 3300 lbs. production car's weight. So sub-3k should be very doable, even with a cage. I will acknowledge, though, that 2700 lbs. was probably aggressive. The GT2 has CF body panels after all (though it also has massive rubber and some ballast too). But The GS class cars you cite are built to regulations, not for minimum weight.
Appreciate 0