View Single Post
      04-20-2020, 02:25 PM   #43
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

As long as there are multiple automobile brands, there will be strong opinions about each brand and the vehicle line up.

As difficult as it may be to believe, GM still hasn't recovered from having too many sub-brands with confusing or at times impossible-to-understand transition points between cars with each sub-brand. Pontiac and Oldsmobile offered their own version of badge-engineered vehicles and later became merely entries in Wikipedia together with Saturn which deserves extensive coverage in the future edition of Harvard Business Review titled "How to spend $15B and not make a single dime".

The only bright spot in Cadillac line up is Escalade which created a niche market willing to pay $100K for the badge + Escalade exclusive interior features. Less than bright spot: the same engine offered in Tahoe and Denali is extended to Escalade.

X5M would be still my choice even if Escalade were offered to me a discounted lease rate with free maintenance and a dedicated tow truck following me everywhere with a 3 year supply of every single gasket.

For all it's worth, all of us will choose to drive a car based on a convergence of many factors.
Appreciate 0